CALL FOR PAPERS
ACM/Springer Mobile Networks and Applications (MONET)
Special Issue on Mobile Networks and Management
Multiaccess and resource management, mobility management, and network management have emerged as core topics in the design, deployment and operation of current and future networks. Yet, they are treated as separate, isolated domains with very little interaction between the experts in these fields and lack cross-pollination. Recently, new avant-garde techniques and solutions have emerged; as notable examples, Network Function Virtualization, Software-Defined Networking, Network Virtualization and the Cloud Paradigm have taken roots. All in all, these techniques bring about new requirements and scientific challenges, and migration strategies are required to provide a smooth transition from today’s legacy systems to future systems. At the same time new wireless broadband access technologies, in what has been referred to as 5G, are posing new challenges and requirements that need to be taken into account; energy efficiency, densification, offloading are examples of the new issues the scientific community is currently addressing.
The Mobile Networks and Management (MONAMI) conference has streamlined, since 2009, some of the most avant-garde research on these topics. Coinciding with the 7th edition of the MONAMI conference (Santander, Spain from 16th to 18th September 2015), we invite authors to submit papers reporting original, previously unpublished research that addresses the new challenges, following either evolutionary approaches based on current IP-centered architectures or introducing revolutionary designs and new paradigms. Experimental/testbed and empirical studies as well as implementation/industry results (including field trials) are also welcome.
The special issue will feature extended versions of the most outstanding papers presented during the conference, but other authors are welcome to submit their related works to this open call.
This special issue of the journal ACM/Springer Mobile Network and Applications solicits high quality technical contributions on the topics (not limited to) mentioned below:
• Multiaccess networks and resource management
• Mobile network management and virtualization
• Future 5G network architecture
• Operation and management of virtualized network functions
• Mechanisms leveraging the interplay between network functions virtualization and software defined networking
• Joint management and orchestration of cloud and networking infrastructure
• Future Internet architectures with smart objects
• Energy efficiency for multiaccess networks
• Emerging multimedia services, service enablers and management
• IEEE and 3GPP management standards and enabling technologies
• Design, implementation, and testbed/experimental evaluations
• Service and application management platforms
• Autonomic network monitoring and management
• Architecture and design of new services with smart objects: in smart home and ambient assisted living environments
• Energy-efficient, self-organized access and routing schemes for smart object systems
• Security solutions for managed and infrastructureless networks
• Management of wireless cognitive networks
• Traffic models and analysis for future networks
• Big data
• Manuscript submission deadline: 15/11/2015
• Notification of acceptance: 15/1/2016
• Submission of final revised paper: 15/2/2016
• Publication of special issue (tentative): 2nd / 3rd Quarter 2016
Authors should follow the MONET Journal manuscript format described at the journal site. Manuscripts should be submitted on-line through the Editorial Manager system at http://www.editorialmanager.com/mone/.
Authors need to register to submit their papers.
• Ramón Agüero Calvo,University of Cantabria, Spain
• Thomas Zinner,University of Würzburg, Germany
• Mario García Lozano,Technical University of Catalunya, Spain
• Bernd-Ludwig Wenning, Cork Institute of Technology, Ireland
• Andreas Timm-Giel, Hamburg University of Technology, Germany