Special Session on
Future Research Directions
On the back of the great success that the MONAMI 2010, 2011 and 2013 Special Sessions on Future Research Directions had, the organizing committee of MONAMI 2015 is planning a similar session on 18th of September 2015.
This Special Session aims at the presentation of novel concepts and results primarily from high-impact currently running international collaboration research projects. MONAMI 2015 invites researchers and leaders of such projects and other research initiatives to submit papers that describe the new paradigms being explored in the work currently undertaken. We do expect papers that may be controversial in spirit and can challenge the way we think about the Network of the Future. Papers presenting mainly conceptual work as well as position papers are also welcome. Presentation of initial results is recommended.
Topics of particular interest include, but are not limited to
- Future Internet architectures for mobile network management
- Autonomic network monitoring and management
- Advanced multiaccess resource management
- Mobile network virtualization and resource sharing
- Energy efficiency for multiaccess networks
- Emerging and visionary multimedia services, service enablers and management
- Service and application management platforms
- Architectures, services and applications with smart objects
- Software driven mobile networking
- Mobile computing and networking clouds
- Security aspects in Internet of Things
- Emerging research advances, prospects, and challenges for 5G wireless networks, such as novel radio and transport technologies, network architecture, protocol design, advanced resource management, etc.
- Converged networks and applications, including converged management for RAN and mobile backhaul
- Heterogeneous multi-layer and multi-domain wireless-wireline internetworking
- Mobile edge computing: caching, distribution, load balancing, traffic offload, resiliency
We encourage submissions of high-quality technical papers reporting original research that has not been previously published, and is not currently submitted for consideration elsewhere. Papers should not exceed 12 pages in the Springer Lecture Notes of ICST (LNICST) format. Full paper submission details are available at http://mon-ami.org/2015/show/initial-submission.
All submitted papers will be peer-reviewed by at least three independent reviewers, including a MONAMI TPC member to ensure high quality and relevance to the goal of the special session. All accepted papers will be published in the Springer LNICST series and then be included in major article indexing services.
- Paper Submission Deadline: 20 July 2015 (extended)
- Notification of Acceptance: 31 July 2015
- Camera Ready Deadline: 15 August 2015
- Special Session Date: 18 September 2015
Special Session Chairs
- Koojana Kuladinithi, University of Bremen, Germany
- Li Xi, NEC Europe Ltd, Heidelberg, Germany