Open Call for Papers - ACM/Springer Mobile Networks and Applications (MONET) Journal Special Issue on Mobile Networks and Management [PDF]
Management, be it multiaccess, resource, mobility or network management, is a key aspect in the design, deployment and operation of current and future networks. The fast growth and adoption of novel techniques and technologies (for instance, virtualization, cloud computing and software defined networking) pose new management challenges that must be addressed. Although some of them are already used in telecommunication networks, the full potential that can be achieved is yet to be realized.
The Mobile Networks and Management (MONAMI) conference has streamlined, since 2009, some of the most avant-garde research on these topics.
Coinciding with the 6th edition of the MONAMI conference (Würzburg, Germany from 22nd to 26th September), we invite authors to submit papers reporting original, previously unpublished research that addresses the new challenges, following either evolutionary approaches based on current IP-centered architectures or introducing revolutionary designs and new paradigms. Experimental/testbed and empirical studies as well as implementation/industry results (including field trials) are also welcome.
The special issue will feature extended versions of the most outstanding papers presented during the conference, but other authors are welcome to submit their related works to this open call.
Topics of particular interest include:
- Multiaccess networks and resource management
- Mobile network management and virtualization
- Future 5G network architecture
- Operation and management of virtualized network functions
- Mechanisms leveraging the interplay between network functions virtualization and software defined networking
- Joint management and orchestration of cloud and networking infrastructure
- Future Internet architectures with smart objects
- Energy efficiency for multiaccess networks
- Emerging multimedia services, service enablers and management
- IEEE and 3GPP management standards and enabling technologies
- Design, implementation, and testbed/experimental evaluations
- Service and application management platforms
- Autonomic network monitoring and management
- Architecture and design of new services with smart objects, e.g., in smart home and ambient assisted living environments
- Energy-efficient, self-organized access and routing schemes for smart object systems
- Security solutions for managed and infrastructureless networks
- Management of wireless cognitive networks
- Traffic models and analysis for future networks
Ramón Agüero, University of Cantabria, Spain
Thomas Zinner, University of Wuerzburg, Germany
Andreas Timm-Giel, Hamburg University of Technology, Germany
Phuoc Tran-Gia, University of Wuerzburg, Germany
- Manuscript submission deadline: 16 November 2014
- Notification of acceptance: 1 March 2015
- Submission of final revised paper: 29 March 2015
- Publication of special issue: 2nd or 3rd Quarter, 2015 (Tentative)
Authors should follow the MONET Journal manuscript format described at the [journal web site](http://www.springer.com/engineering/signals/journal/11036).
Manuscripts should be submitted [on-line](http://www.editorialmanager.com/mone). Authors need to register to submit their papers; select “MONAMI 2014” when prompted for Article Type.
This special issue will feature papers accepted from this open call as well as significantly extended versions of the best papers from the 6th International ICST Conference on Mobile Networks and Management (MONAMI 2014) to be held in Würzburg, Germany on 22-24 September 2014.