Call for Papers - Special Session on Future Research Directions [PDF]
On the back of the great success that the MONAMI 2010 and 2011 Special Sessions on Future Research Directions had, the organizing committee of MONAMI 2013 is planning a similar session on 25 September 2013.
This Special Session aims at the presentation of novel concepts and results primarily from high-impact currently running international collaboration research projects. MONAMI 2013 invites researchers and leaders of such projects and other research initiatives to submit papers that describe the new paradigms being explored in the work currently undertaken. We do expect papers that may be controversial in spirit and can challenge the way we think about the Network of the Future. Papers presenting mainly conceptual work as well as position papers are also welcome. Presentation of initial results is recommended.
Topics of particular interest include, but are not limited to
- Future Internet architectures for mobile network management
- Autonomic network monitoring and management
- Advanced multiaccess resource management
- Mobile network virtualization
- Energy efficiency for multiaccess networks
- Emerging and visionary multimedia services, service enablers and management
- Service and application management platforms
- Architectures, services and applications with smart objects
- Software driven mobile networking
- Mobile computing and networking clouds
We encourage submissions of high-quality technical papers reporting original research that has not been previously published, and is not currently submitted for consideration elsewhere. Full Papers should not exceed **14 pages** in the Springer Lecture Notes of ICST (LNICST) format. Full paper submission details are available here.
All submitted papers will be peer-reviewed by at least three independent reviewers, including a MONAMI TPC member to ensure high quality and relevance to the goal of the special session. All accepted papers will be published in the Springer LNICST series and then be included in major article indexing services.
- Paper Submission Deadline (extended): **7 July 2013**
- Notification of Acceptance: 18 July 2013
- Camera Ready Deadline: 5 August 2013
- Special Session Date: 25 September 2013
Special Session Chairs
Anna Förster, University of Applied Sciences and Arts of Southern Switzerland, Switzerland
Bernd-Ludwig Wenning, Cork Institute of Technology, Ireland