Call for Papers - ACM/Springer Mobile Networks and Applications (MONET) Journal Special Issue on Mobile Networks and Management [PDF]
Management, be it multiaccess, resource, mobility or network management, is a key aspect in the design, deployment and operation of current and future networks. The fast growth and adoption of novel techniques and technologies (for instance, virtualization and cloud computing) pose new management challenges that must be addressed. Although some of them are already used in telecommunication networks, the full potential that can be achieved is yet to be realized.
The Mobile Networks and Management (MONAMI) conference has streamlined, since 2009, some of the most avant-garde research on these topics, including smart objects management.
Coinciding with the 5th edition of the MONAMI conference (Cork, Ireland from 23rd to 25th September), we invite authors to submit papers reporting original, previously unpublished research that addresses the new challenges, following either evolutionary approaches based on current IP-centered architectures or introducing revolutionary designs and new paradigms. Experimental/testbed and empirical studies as well as implementation/industry results (including field trials) are also welcome.
The special issue will feature extended versions of the most outstanding papers presented during the conference, but other authors are welcome to submit their related works to this open call.
Topics of particular interest include:
- Multiaccess networks and resource management
- Mobile network management and virtualization
- Future Internet architectures and mobile network management
- Future Internet architectures with smart objects
- Energy efficiency for multiaccess networks
- Emerging multimedia services, service enablers and management
- IEEE and 3GPP management standards and enabling technologies
- Design, implementation, and testbed/experimental evaluations
- Service and application management platforms
- Autonomic network monitoring and management
- Architecture and design of new services with smart objects
- Energy-efficient, self-organized access and routing schemes for smart object systems
- Security solutions for managed and infrastructureless networks
- Management of wireless cognitive networks
- M2M Systems and Services
Dirk Pesch, Cork Institute of Technology, Ireland
Ramón Agüero, University of Cantabria, Spain
Bernd-Ludwig Wenning, Cork Institute of Technology, Ireland
Andreas Timm-Giel, Hamburg University of Technology, Germany
- Manuscript submission deadline: 8 November 2013
- Notification of acceptance: 14 February 2014
- Submission of final revised paper: 14 March 2014
- Publication of special issue: 2nd or 3rd Quarter, 2014 (Tentative)
Authors should follow the MONET Journal manuscript format described at the journal web site.
Manuscripts should be submitted on-line. Authors need to register to submit their papers; select "MONAMI 2013" when prompted for "Article Type".
This special issue will feature papers accepted from this open call as well as significantly extended versions of the best papers from the 5th International ICST Conference on Mobile Networks and Management (MONAMI 2013) to be held in Cork, Ireland on 23-25 September 2013.