Call for Papers [PDF]
MONAMI 2013 aims at bringing together top researchers, academics and practitioners specializing in the area of Mobile Network Management, Service Management, Virtualization and Object Management.
Multiaccess and resource management, mobility management, and network management have emerged as core topics in the design, deployment and operation of current and future networks. Yet, they are treated as separate, isolated domains with very little interaction between the experts in these fields and lack cross-pollination. Recently, new avant-garde techniques and solutions have emerged; besides, other novel techniques, such as virtualization and the cloud paradigm, have taken roots. All in all, these bring about new requirements and scientific challenges. MONAMI 2013 offers the opportunity to leading researchers, industry professionals and academics around the world to meet and discuss the latest advances in these areas and present results related to technologies for true plug-and-play networking, efficient use of all infrastructure investments, and access competition. The aim of the forum is to disseminate the latest innovative mobile network solutions for increased competition and cooperation in an environment with a multitude of access technologies, network operators and business actors.
MONAMI 2013 invites researchers to submit papers within the scope of the conference that follow either evolutionary approaches based on current IP-centered architectures or introduce revolutionary approaches and new paradigms. Papers reporting experimental and empirical studies as well as implementation/industry results (including testbeds and field trials) are also welcome.
Topics of particular interest include:
- Multiaccess networks and resource management
- Mobile network management and virtualization
- Future Internet architectures and mobile network management
- Future Internet architectures with smart objects
- Energy efficiency for multiaccess networks
- Emerging multimedia services, service enablers and management
- IEEE and 3GPP management standards and enabling technologies
- Design, implementation, and testbed/experimental evaluations
- Service and application management platforms
- Autonomic network monitoring and management
- Architecture and design of new services with smart objects
- Energy-efficient, self-organized access and routing schemes for smart object systems
- Security solutions for managed and infrastructureless networks
- Management of wireless cognitive networks
- M2M Systems and Services
Papers accompanied by a live demonstration at the conference are actively solicited.
MONAMI 2013 is sponsored by EAI and technically co-sponsored by Create-Net.
The conference proceedings will be published by Springer-Verlag in the LNICST series, and will be archived online on SpringerLink.
We encourage submissions of high-quality technical papers reporting original research that has not been previously published, and is not currently submitted for consideration elsewhere. Full Papers should not exceed 14 pages in the Springer Lecture Notes of ICST (LNICST) format and must be submitted by 16 June 2013. LNICST templates are available from here.
All submitted papers will be peer-reviewed by at least three independent reviewers, including a TPC member to ensure high quality and relevance to the topics of the conference. All accepted papers will be published in the Springer Lecture Notes of ICST series and then be included in major article indexing services. Authors of the best accepted papers will be invited to submit extended versions of their papers to an ACM/Springer Mobile Networks and Applications (MONET) Special Issue.
- Extended Paper Submission Deadline: 16 June 2013 (Firm)
- Notification of Acceptance: 18 July 2013
- Camera Ready Deadline: 5 August 2013
- Conference Date: 23-25 September 2013
The European Alliance for Innovation is a dynamic eco-system for fostering ICT enabled innovation to improve European competitiveness and to benefit society. EAI uses open e-platforms to inspire grassroots collaboration among all relevant actors, from organizations to individuals, to stimulate community driven innovation to its institutional and individual members worldwide. Through EAI, organizations find ideas and talent, and individual innovators find organizations for their ingenuity and craft. Join the innovation community at www.eai.eu.